7 Reasons to see an MNZAS Audiologist
- Audiologists who are members of the New Zealand Audiological Society (MNZAS) are specialists at diagnosing hearing problems and the non-medical treatment of hearing loss. Treatment options include hearing aids, assistive listening devices, counselling and education in listening skills.
- You can access funding through the ACC, Environment Support Services, Government Subsidies, Work and Income NZ and War Pensions as your MNZAS Audiologist is an approved service provider.
- All MNZAS Audiologists are University qualified with a Master of Audiology Degree or equivalent.
- When you see a MNZAS Audiologist you can be confident that they are familiar with current practices, research and technology.
- The society promotes excellence in hearing care for all New Zealanders and has developed a Code of Ethics which our members pledge to adhere to.
Should you feel you have received unsatisfactory service, or that your audiologist or audiometrist has acted in an unprofessional or unethical manner, please submit a formal complaint to the society's Complaints Board. For further information about the Code of Ethics, Complaints Process, Complaints Board or to make a complaint please click on the icon below.
All health professionals, including audiologists and audiometrists who may not be members of the New Zealand Audiological Society must also abide by the guidelines set out by the New Zealand Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC). Please see the HDC website for more information. Use this link to access the relevant document.
- MNZAS audiologists work closely with a range of Health professionals such as Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Specialists, GPs, Speech Language Therapists, Hearing Therapists and Advisors of Deaf and Hearing Impaired Children.
- Many MNZAS Audiologists specialise in treating tinnitus and reduced sound tolerance.
It's never too early or too late to see a Member of the New Zealand Audiological Society.
We are here to help you hear!