A member’s NZAS membership may lapse for a variety of reasons including:
- A member chooses not to continue with their membership and offers their resignation to the Society
- A member fails to pay their annual membership fee
Re-joining as a Full Member
For those who have previously resigned from the NZAS, or where their membership has lapsed, as opposed to those who have reactivated their membership after a period of being an inactive member.
- A lapsed member must first submit an application to re-join including details of qualifications, CCC and previous work experience.
- A re-joining application fee of $1,000 plus GST will be charged.
- At the discretion of the Executive Council the candidate may be required to repeat all, or part of, the CCC process.
- Re-joining members must sit an OSCE exam and will be charged at the current fee for this examination.
- In the event of a failure of the exam, the candidate is entitled to a re-sit. If the candidate fails a second time, they may be eligible for another re-sit or they may be required to join NZAS as a provisional member and complete the full CCC process.
- If a resigned member re-joins and is out of sync with the current CEP 3-year cycle they need to collect 20, 40 or 60 points depending on when within the 3-year cycle they re-joined.